Thursday, April 16, 2009

McGoddess Comendy performance

This performance was not what I expected it to be, it was better. Just as many others around me, I thought that it was only going to have a few somewhat funny spoofs within the performance but little did I know that it was going to actually be pretty amusing. The comedian, VG, made her performance portray her family, their religion, and the background history of her life. She talked about how she has two sisters yet she was the only one born in America. It was both interesting and intriguing to come to find out that it is of their religion to not eat beef but ironically her dad loved the delicious burgers from the ulimate fast food joint, Mickey Dee's --McDonalds and her mother is hooked to McDonalds along with the many other "Mac-aholics" in this world. She told us that her mother would use the excuse that McDonald's meat was not cow so it did not go against their religion because she believes it to be bull. She explained that she had many pressures throughout her life from her parents to excel and succeed in her education which put alot of stress on her because she did not want to do exactly what her dad thought she should. For example, when she talked about the end of kindergarten and how her dad say to 'focus on calculus. However, her stories were not only funny and entertaining but some were touching as well. She discussed her fathers passing and the superstitions of her religion like how her father died before midnight. The way she described it was that the family found some sort of peace or serenity from her fathers passing. I felt as if I could relate to her in many ways and I enjoyed this experience. The experience of the first comedic performance that I have ever been to kept me laughing and it was more fun than I thought it was goind to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment