Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Starbucks!

I wasn't sure if we were supposed to blog or not, but I will do it anyway.

I thought the presentation was great. I loved it. I think it is so great that they are standing up for what they believe in, even though it could get them fired (which happened to some people). I love it when people are passionate about a change in a positive way. I remember learning about the IWW when I was in high school, it's really cool to see and hear how that union is making a difference in a big way. I remember when Mr. Kizzier asks the presenters why didn't they just quit their jobs and go to another job if they were so unhappy, and I completely agree with their respond. It is much bigger than job, it's about making a difference; not only for themselves but for all the people after them, and all the people who are involved in the IWW. They definitely inspired me to want to make a positive difference in the world. I want to leave a mark on society in a way that will make a difference for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment