Sunday, March 8, 2009

ch 3 and 7

Ch 3

The first area of resarch I found is on page 60 about the fast food restaurants appearing very frequently on the road. I can relate to this because I remember all of the road trips that I have taken in the past. Driving the three hour drive to rehobeth down route 40 and every few miles it is guaranteed to find at least one fast food chain. Secondly, the effect of after school jobs on teenagers still attending school. I can definately relate to this considering I have been working and focused on succeeding since I was fourteen. I am currently still working in the fast food business in the mall. It can be very stressful at times, I would dig a deep hole for myself because I would never say no when I was asked to work. I did not focus on school as much as I wish that I had however I made myself look good.

Ch 7
On page 150 I found a good area to research was the idea Warren Monfort came up with to fatten up his cows. It opens my eyes as to how demanding the fast food chains really are and how they will do anything to speed up the delivery of their merchandise. Another area of research that also opened my eyes to how much fast food chains care about their demanding business is the immigrants they support. These businesses take advantage of immigrants because usually they are cheaper to pay and they work hard. The corporations are also breaking the law in some cases where the employees could be illegal immigrants and in this case I believe that an American should deserve the job over an illegal immigrant. I am not trying to be rascist against it, but especially during this recession many Americans are unemployeed and places are going to pay illegal immigrants instead it just does not seem fair to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment