Sunday, March 8, 2009

FFN Ch. 3&7

Chapter 3
On area of research I found in chapter 3 was the fact that fast food companies are dominated by teen employees. Eric Schlosser wrote that about two thirds of the nation's fast food workers are under the age of twenty. This relates to my life because, I used to work at McDonald's. It was my first job, and besides the mangers, and maybe three or four people, everyone was under the age of twenty.

Another area of research I found in Chapter 3 was the safety of the employees. Eric Schlosser wrote that four or five fast food workers are now murdered on the job every six months, usually during a robbery. This relates to my life because my older sister, Lily used to work at Domino's Pizza. One night while she was working, the store was robbed. She was held a gun point and this really affected me and my family. She quit the next day.


Chapter 7
One area of research I found in chapter seven, was the health of the cows, and how safe our food really is. The grain that the cattles eat to make them gain so much weight and the fact that they are injected with steriods really disturded me. This relates to me because I eat fast food, and I have watched Super Size Me a couple times, but the information never bothered me enought to want to stop eating fast ffod. However, after reading this, I am actually considering becoming a vegetarian!

Another area of research I found in Chapter seven was the hiring of the illegal immigrants. This does not directly relate to me, but I care about the well being of others, and I do not like the fact that they are being explioted.

No comments:

Post a Comment