Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fast Food opinion

My personal opinion of fast food is that it is disgusting. The past summer I played the Monopoly game at Mcdonalds and ate way too much of the food. It's addicting. Of course I didn't win the stupid game I just learned that the company got the best of me with the game. I felt completely disgusting, unhealthy, and fat. The food gives consumers feeling their own arterys actually being cloaged as they eat it.

After reading a section of Fast Food Nation I have the same opinion. The companies synergy technique is what helps them make millions each year. They real children and adults into their scheme with playplaces and toys for kids and catchy sayings and songs. Even the meals they come up with for example the 'big kids meal' makes little kids feel like 'big kids' or simply the speed of how quickly they serve their customers. Especially the fast food places that are open 24 hours. Feeding people the food that late is even worse for their health. These places obviously do not care about the customers with the food they are serving. I can only imagine how much they care about their work environment staying clean. Its quite simple to wipe down the front counter. However what about the microwaves? Or any of the machines used to make the food. Possibly even the packaging. Careless employees could drop the products on the floor and continue to use them. I am already predicting that when I am finished reading this book, I will not have any desire to eat anymore fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment