Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fast Food Nation Chapters 3 & 7

Chapter 3
The first area of research would be on pg 60 "every few miles clusters of fast food joints seem to repeat themselves." I chose this because it's true every day when I'm driving up and down York Road all I see is fast food chains and it makes me hungry and just want to stop at every one especially when I'm in traffic because the big signs stand out to me. Also on my way to ocean city every summer the whole way there all I see is fast food chains which make my family stop to grab a bite to eat when I just want to get to Ocean City as fast as possible.
The second area of research would be teenagers and how low they get paid and the long hours. It relates to my life because my parents made me get a job at 15 and they paid me as low as possible and made me work a lot to the point I had no free time, it was just work and school. I still work at the same place to this day but I don't work as long or as much.

Chapter 7
The first area I would research is how many immigrants are there really working there and what is their pay and if they get paid vacation. I chose this because I work with Mexicans at my job they're usually the ones with the worse job, they come in late at night around 2 and leave around 12 the next morning and put all the groceries on the shelves. They do the jobs no one else wants to that's why there's so many in the U.S. now a days just look at any job and you'll find them and who knows if they're illegal and most of them can only speak a little English or like McDonald's said they speak "McDonald's English" since that's all they're trained to know.
The second area I would research would be what's actually in the grain that the cattle eat to gain weight fast and why steroids. I chose this because I eat fast food and I want to know what's actually in it and what they're doing is obviously not healthy but the food is so addicting you can't seem to stay away. So all of this really makes you wonder what's in the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment