Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eric Schlosser Review

I think that Eric Schlosser did a wonderful presetation today. I particularly like the part of his speech when he said that he actually likes the taste of fast food. I found that to be shocking because I thought since you wrote a book about how the fast food industry is so bad, I thought he didn't like it anymore but he fooled me. I agreed with Schlosser when he said that the big fast food companies are transforming the country with there persuavise advertising. He explained that 75% of people visit fast food restaurants are basically from impulses and another 75% of people out of no where will decided to go eat a fast food place. Me personally, I believe that statement because I hear all the time that people say that they want a cheeseburger and fries and it could be clearly out of the blue. I too have thought about doing the same thing, but I restrain myself from the tempations that the markets advertise. I like the fact that he stated that there is a hided world behind the counter, he made it seem like the people who work behind there, do not comprehend what the order was and that they would keep asking you," what did you say". That has happened to me before a few times. Overall, I think Mr. Schlosser did a wonder job today speaking to his audience about his work. I really enjoyed his lecture and I look forward to hearing about his newer book.

No comments:

Post a Comment