Sunday, March 29, 2009

Eric Schlosser Review

When I first saw Eric Schlosser I was surprised at his age, I thought he'd be much older for some reason. Also he was very laid back in speaking which I assumed he'd be more uptight and would want to tell us what to eat but it was exactly what he didn't want to do, he said "that's for our mother's to do." I never knew he took the job for Rolling Stone which started off as a story for them into a book which he turned down to begin with but he wrote it since he likes to write about things he doesn't know. I thought that was interesting that something he turned down to begin with turned into a hit that many people know him for. But what really shocked me was he likes Fast Food and ate McDonald's french fries on the road. I just assumed that since he wrote this he was against fast food. He even looks up to the people who started KFC and McDonald's. But now he only eats at one fast food place, In and Out Burger, but only since they treat their workers fairly. All in all he just wants us to think about what we're eating. He was a very interesting guy to listen to not one of those boring speakers I could fall asleep to so I didn't mind missing class for him, I learned a lot from him not only about fast food but the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment