Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fast Food Nation Ch. 3 and 7

While reading I found out that my area of research that came to me was on pg. 60 of Chapter 3 was: " Every few miles, clusters of fast food joints seem to repeat themselves, Burger Kings, Wendys and McDonalds etc... I can relate to this because when I was driving in Hunt Valley yesterday I did notice that there are so many of this fast food chains almost every where that you go. It just seems to me that it is redunant to see the same ones over and over again. When I was driving yesterday, I saw about 5 McDonalds, 3 Burger Kings, No Taco Bells at all. But the two big chains were very common.
2. On pg 65, this would have to be the biggest thing to me: " They build large sign to attract motorists and look at cars the way predators view herds of prey. Now from personal expericence I can look at a huge borad of food and immeaditely get very very weak for food. No matter if I had already eaten,, I can just go to the fast food chain and just get food for later in the week. I will admit, I am weak when it comes to food.

Ch. 7 Oh goodness:
As I was reading Ch. 7 the thing that stuck out to me that I could relate to was on pg. 150, they would feed the cows grains to fatten them up instead of feeding them all natural green grass that grows in the pasture. Then they put anabolic steriods?!!!! Come on, I went to a farm not to long ago and actually saw some cows eat natural grass, not grains to make them fat. So fat, they would gain 400 pounds in weight from eating threes thousand pounds of grain. That is completely just wrong on so many levels. On the farm, the cows were actually roaming on the farm, not coupe up in some small cramped space for three months. Ugh, that is just terrible.
2.Something that we can all relate to, the mis use of the talented workers. I am not where trying to be prejudice or anything but I nave noticed that the highly skilled workers are being replaced by the Latinos. They are everywhere now almost. I went to a Chick Fila in Towson not to long ago and I saw about maybe 5 Latinos and Latinas together working in the back of the wall preparing the food. I am like, well what happened to the other group of young adults I just saw two weeks ago. Who knows, but yeah, I can relate to this research because it is every where now.

No comments:

Post a Comment