Saturday, March 28, 2009

Response to Eric Schlosser

In listening to Eric Schlosser's speech I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. I expected him to be very anti fast food. I was glad to hear that he wrote the book so that people would be more informed about fast food so they could make the choice for themselves whether or not to eat it. Going in I thought he had some grudge or an agenda to try and scare people into not eating fast food. Although reading Fast Food Nation, and listening to Eric Schlosser has not changed my view on fast food I think the work he has done is valuable and allows people who have questions about what they eat to gain some awareness. Except for his remark about hating our former president I enjoyed listening to Mr. Schlosser speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment