Saturday, March 28, 2009

Schlosser review

I was surprised that Schlosser did not come to present us with radical anti-fast food pro vegetarian views but instead stressed the importance of individual thinking. The fact that Schlosser still eats meat even after revealing some of the most gruesome truths behind its production is astounding. The book was a huge eye opener in itself but I think that the overall goal of the book was really unveiled with the accompaniment of the speech. I don't think that I could live a vegetarian lifestyle forever but his information has definitely made me think twice about getting a burger from our local fast food distributors. I feel like his comments about Bush were in the best interest of maintaining a professional attitude, but he really did not seem to care. He even mentioned that he really did not care if we agreed or disagreed with him, his only goal was to provide the facts and allow us to formulate our own individual opinions. It is because of his firm stance behind this idea that I would rate the presentation so highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment