Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fast Food Nation Response: Knowledge is Power

When I first heard that Eric Schlosser was coming to CCBC- Essex, I did not really think much of it, and I was not planning on attending. However, I am glad I did! I enjoyed listening to Eric Schlosser so much more than I thought I would. I liked how down to earth he was , and I was able to relate to a lot of the things he said. There were a lot of things that stood out to me. For example, when Eric Schlosser pointed out that my age group was the most lied to made me feel uncomfortable. Researching and writing about advertising to children, I somewhat know about the propaganda and manipulation of food- based companies. However, listening to Eric Schlosser I realized that I actually don't know that much.
Eric Schlosser was very insightful and knowledgeable about everything he talked about, and admire that he has such strong opinions. Overall, I am glad Mr. Kizzier made this mandatory, because I would have missed out on a really great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment