Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fast Food Nation Blog: Before and After

To me fast food affects life by advertising to the poor and children. When I see a commerical for McDonalds, I always see that they are adversting to little children the most with the happy meals and toys. I mean, almost all fast food chains has some type of toy inside their childrens meal but you hardly see them as much as McDonalds advertise. Many low income families look to the fast food chains for quick and easy food for dinner on a low budget. Fast food is a part of life whether we like it or not, its also about whether also if you choose to eat it or not.

After reading the introduction and chapter 2 of Fast Food Nation, I realize that I really do not need fast food at all in my life. By saying this, I have also become aware about how far these companies have come to market their product to the American people. To me synergy is a marketing ploy to get consumers to buy their product. For example, my favorite NBA player is Chris Paul, now if the Got Milk people or burger king people came to him and said if you shoot a commerical showing that you are eating or drinking our product, it will boost people to buy it because you are using it and it would also make them money. That is how I see synergy as, a marketing ploy. You are paying someone to endorse your product even though some products are sometimes harmful in large amounts. I remember in Elementary school, the lunches had actually food, now there are billboards with celebrity saying eat this or drink this because it is healhty. I think now, I used to eat healthy fresh food and what these people are showing are processed foods with added chemicals and preservitatives in them and I think that shouldnt be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment