Sunday, February 8, 2009

Volar

1.I think vivid is clarity images in the mind or an clear experience.
 "In the morning I'd wake up in my tiny bedroom with the incongruous-at least in our tiny apartment-white "princess" furniture my mother had chosen for me, and find myself back in my body: my tight curls still clinging to my head, skinny arms and legs and flat chest unchanged" This passage to me is vivid because you can picture a clear image in your mind of how she looked outside of dreams and how she lived.

2. In the beginning of the essay i think the author was trying to say she did not like her life and how she would have dreams of what she wish she could do. towards the end of the story i think she was more understanding of how she lived.

3. Jimmy cross carried around Martha's notes because he was in love with her. He would take the notes out of content to make it seem like martha loved him. This stood out to me because I don't understand how can you image someone being in love with you when there are no signs to say that martha was. I think Jimmy did this because he needed to know someone cared for him outside of the soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment