Sunday, February 8, 2009

vivid description

My mother seemed to treat the diary and boots and jodhpurs,the glamorous pictures of herself that she had sent to my father overseas, her dreams of becoming a famous journalist as relics of a distant past that no longer had much to do with her. She had left them all behind for life with my father, and me, and eventually my two brothers.
1. This passage is vivid because she is completely describing his mother's life and her dreams. Vivid means to specifically describe something.
2. The author is trying to say how she feels that her mother has missed out on the life she wanted, instead she raised a family.
3.Dave Jensen carried around dental floss to keep good hygiene. This stands out to my because he has time to worry about flossing his teeth in between fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment