Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Melissa's Bio



My name is Melissa, however most people call me Missy. I was born at the end of May, making me a Gemini. Now I am 18 and live in Cockeysville, MD. I have every intention to acquire my AA at Essex and transfer to a four year college. Although my plans are not set in stone, I envision focusing on business as my major, yet I aspire to become a wedding coordinator. In turn, owning not only my business for wedding planning but also a flower store to refer clients to and further my business horizons. Beside being a student at CCBC, I almost work full time with the company Bath and Body works which helps introduce me to a large variety of necessary business skills such as customer services. Nonetheless I am eager to proceed to bigger and better opportunities.

The last thing that I completed writing was an essay about "Unpacking the White Knapsack" from the book of essays entitled "Race, Class and Gender" by Margaret L. Andersen and Patricia Hill Collins for a final in Sociology 141. In order to widen the variety of authors which I am familiar with, the last full-length book that I read was entitled "A Street Lawyer" and was written by the author John Grisham. On the other hand, the last event which I attended on the Essex campus was during the fall semester, again for my Sociology 141 course. The event was a multicultural exhibit on different countries and showcased international foods and some deserts. In addition to attending events on campus, classes, work and trying to get some sleep then I am in my car. My car is how I get by day to day due to it being the easiest and quickest way to do what needs to get done. Not to mention, I love to listen to my music and just drive to places that I have never been before to see new scenery and the diverse landscapes that many do not know that we have in Maryland. Aside from my goals pertaining to my career and school in the long run, I have goals within each course as well. Other than receiving an 'A' grade in English 102, my goal is to comprehend a greater understanding of communication, through writing and speaking as well. Accurately communicating and listening can be key in basically every situation and is essential in meeting peoples' needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment